Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Need help with mirror size over bathroom vanities

Read article : Need help with mirror size over bathroom vanities
image
craigboatNovember 9, 2015

Hi

We are renovating our 7' x9' bathroom and I need some design advice on mirrors and lighting above the vanity.

The vanity will be a 78" white shaker double sink vanity that includes a 30" cabinet, an 18" drawer stack and another 30" wide cabinet. My intent was to have two mirrors and three sconces on this wall. To the left of the vanity is a wall and on the right side of the vanity is a closet. The entire area above the vanity is 78" wide and 64" high. Are there any thoughts or standards on how wide and large these mirrors should be? How large should the sconces be? Should I ax the sconces and just go with two overhead lights, over the mirrors, to take into account the height that I have to work with.

I am concerned that if I get 2 24x31 mirrors, centered over the two sinks, that there will be a larger gap in the center of the vanity that will look goofy and my three sconces will be out of balance.

Thanks much.

BookmarkLike

No comments:

Post a Comment