Sunday, April 23, 2017

Help Replacing Bathtub Faucet/Diverter Valve

Read article : Help Replacing Bathtub Faucet/Diverter Valve
image
Laura BethJuly 30, 2015

Hello!

I just got started renovating my bathroom and things are off to kind of a rocky start. I got a great deal on a new bathtub faucet and didn't notice until I got home that it has a different type of diverter valve than the existing setup - the new one has the tee diverter in the bath spout itself, while the old one has what I believe to be a three-valve diverter (see pictures below). So my first question is can I switch between these two types of diverters? Do I just remove the old one, cap off that T, and then install the new spout like normal?

image

image

image

My second issue arose when trying to remove the old bath spout. It didn't have a set screw, so I just went about turning it counter-clockwise to twist it off. Unfortunately, it looks like the weld broke before the threading did, so I pulled out a decent amount of copper pipe with the spout (see below picture). What do I do? Is there any way to fix this without having to weld anything? Luckily the new spout does have a set screw so I shouldn't have to deal with this again.

image

Thanks so much for any ideas and advice!

Laura

BookmarkLike

No comments:

Post a Comment