Tuesday, August 15, 2017

How to shower with a busted hand? - hygiene brokenfinger splint

Read article : How to shower with a busted hand? - hygiene brokenfinger splint
Hack my hygiene! Yesterday I fell, hard, and broke 3 fingers on my left hand. (It's now wrapped in a stiff splint, with only my index finger and thumb operative, waiting to see the doc this week). I also have large abrasions above and below my left eye. How the heck am I supposed to shower, wash my hair, &c. without use of both hands? Complications inside.

The splint is not supposed to get wet under any circumstances. I know I'm supposed to "bag it"...so what's the best way to do that?
The bathtub is a freestanding clawfoot with curtains all the way around, so...nothing to lean on or grab hold of. I'm a little wobbly from the fall and the Vicodin. A bath somehow seems less plausible than a shower, given all the lowering and hoisting and so on. So, give me your hygiene hacks!How did YOU keep yourself clean and sweet when YOU broke your arm/leg/hand/face?
posted by That's Numberwang! to Health & Fitness (24 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite

No comments:

Post a Comment