Sunday, June 11, 2017

Keeping Bath Time Fun For Everyone

Read article : Keeping Bath Time Fun For Everyone

This post brought to you by Sterling. The content and opinions expressed below are that of Happy Hour Projects.

You may have seen my photos recently about our bathroom makeover, and we had to make a lot of choices about what needed to be upgraded, what would give us the most convenience in our small main floor bathroom, and what we just plain wanted.  We ended up with a vanity overhaul and some new fixtures, but one thing we’re still making decisions about is the tub and shower.  I’d really like to get a shower door – it lets in so much more light than a curtain, and it gives the whole bathroom a sleeker and more contemporary look.  We had nearly decided against it, until I read up about the new Sterling shower doors with ComforTrack technology.

undefined

Do you have a shower door?  I did in my last house, and I LOVED it…  before children, that is.  When you’re spending a good portion of the evening bent over the edge of the tub washing hair and playing with ducks, the last thing you want is to be leaning over a hard shower track, which was why I was planning to wait until everyone is older to upgrade to a shower door.  But Prevail’s ComforTrack bends under pressure, so you’re not getting jabbed in the ribs while you bathe your kiddos (or your pets).  The low profile is easy to clean, it’s extremely durable,  and you can get it on both bath doors and shower doors, making it something to consider if you’re shopping like we are.  So suddenly, I’ve got the option of the beautiful bathroom I want AND the practical side of bath time in Sterling Prevail!  Awesome, right?

undefined

When we were growing up, we didn’t even have a shower, just an old claw-foot tub.  I’m serious!  So even to this day, I’m a bath-a-holic.  I don’t get as much time to relax in the bath as I used to, but I still enjoy a bath on the weekends every now and again.  Mostly, bath time is a fun time for my kids.  We have our fair share of water everywhere, of course, but that’s to be expected with a 1 year old and 4 year old!  It’s gotten SO much easier, though, since we tried the laundry basket hack for little man.  Have you seen this?

Laundry Basket Bathtub Parenting Hack at www.happyhourprojects.com

If your bathtub is still a pretty big place for your small kids, try putting an empty laundry basket in the bathtub, along with all their toys.  They don’t have to contend with a slippery tub, they’ve got less room to topple over, and in the smaller space, their toys don’t float away either.  It’s genius!  I’ve been able to relax a lot more as I supervise, and it’s been a lot more fun for my son, too, to have the whole family of ducks at an arm’s length at any time.

Do you have any great tips, hacks, or routines for bath time at your house?  Anything smart you do with the kids, or ways to enjoy a nice grown-up bath?  I’d love to hear about what bath time means to you!

adrianne signature

Visit Sponsors Site

No comments:

Post a Comment