Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Vienna hotel room with open bathroom (no shower curtain) - Austria Forum

Read article : Vienna hotel room with open bathroom (no shower curtain) - Austria Forum

1. Re: Vienna hotel room with open bathroom (no shower curtain)

I always go for a hotel with a shower because I don't like lying in a tub (like a pig in a wallow!) but I haven't encountered any Viennese hotels that offer showers with a shower curtain.

Most of the mid-range hotels I've stayed in seem to have shower cubicles with sliding or folding glass or plastic doors. Some are more roomy than others! If you have a shower over a bath, you often have this glass panel thingy which folds back if you want to use the tub, but which can be opened out to form a wall when using the shower.

I have no idea of the technical term for these panel thingies, but I think if you got a room with a shower over a bathtub, you would be likely to get something like this.

I've encountered this sort of bathroom in Hotel Alma (www.hotelalma.com) and Hotel Pertschy (www.pertschy.com). Alma has very swishy modern bathrooms. Some rooms have the tub with shower over and the glass panel, and other rooms have spacious shower boxes, with glass doors. Pertschy has tubs with showers in the superior rooms, I believe, and smallish glass shower boxes in the standard rooms. If you explained what you want I am sure they could provide you with a suitable room.

No comments:

Post a Comment