Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Outdoor Garden Shed Shower. - by Tony

Read article : Outdoor Garden Shed Shower. - by Tony

I built this outdoor garden shower so after I tend the garden and yard work in this Florida heat and humidity I could take a nice outdoor shower instead of tramping through the house for one. At first I was just going to put a shower head up but on 2nd thought I hate cold showers! So I decided to check out Craigslist for a 30 gallon water heater but just for the tank not to heat the water, as long as it held water without leaking that’s all I wanted it for. I found one for $60 bucks. I strip it and mount it in the attic of the shed and thought maybe just the summer heat would get it hot. Well it got warm but not warm enough for me. So I made a solar collector and attached that to the tank. I used CPVC for the collector and and PVC for the rest of the piping. I used 1/4” plate glass on the collector frame only because that’s what I had hanging around my shop. I built two bi-fold blinds using some dog eared fence boards some cedar two rod’s to stabilize the Bi-folds and some Red PVC sign board bent in a U to hold the Bi-Folds open in the wind while I shower. My next door neighbor .. well she giggled and blushed a little when I told her what I was doing.
Today was a nice sunny day and the temperature outside was about 90 degrees today, the water temp got up to 120. The little collector is working great and the water is just the way I like it , HOT! I’ll use this every chance I get to save a little cash! It’s just my wife and I and she likes it too!

-- Type-0's are normal for me! St Augustine Florida

No comments:

Post a Comment