Monday, July 17, 2017

Top 12 Reviews and Complaints about American Standard Walk-in Baths

Read article : Top 12 Reviews and Complaints about American Standard Walk-in Baths

Ordered and gave a down payment on a walk in tub on July 5 2017. Was told by salesman they schedule installation out 4 weeks but most people receive theirs within 2. Mine was scheduled 6 weeks out. At 4 weeks out received a call from the contractor asking if it was ok if they bumped me up because his guys did not have any jobs right then. I said yes the sooner the better for my ailing dad. He was going to have American Standard's scheduling call because he is a subcontractor.

Two days later he calls to see if they called. I said no. The next time I hear from American Standard is August 16 the day before my original installation date informing me the contractor has quit. They were flying into Seattle for interviews and would let me know when it would be installed. Never heard back. I called Leah at the end of August to see the status. Was told she would email scheduling and they would contact me. I have been back in contact with Leah at least 2 times a week with the same answer "I will email my supervisor, scheduling, new contractor and have them call you". So tired of the runaround.

Called Wednesday September 20 and left a message to send my deposit back. I was done. This morning September 22 I get a call from Chad. "So sorry you are having problems. We dropped the ball. It's not your fault." Obviously not my fault since they have my $. "You are entitled to your money back but if I can get your tub installed in the next few days would you be ok with that." "Yes I want the tub." He said he would call back by the end of the day. Just heard from Chad and since I live in a smaller town they can not bump me up because they feel they would lose 2 other tub installations in the Seattle area.

In other words who cares who ordered first, who put a down payment first and who has been waiting longer. They have the salesman stating they want the best for their customers in safety, health benefits and overall customer service. I cannot say how the product holds up to safety and health benefits but their customer service is the worst I have ever dealt with. Now I have an 82 year old father who has been telling everyone about his new walk in tub and I have to start from scratch with another company to get him one. I also have no idea how long they will take to get me my down payment refund because I'm entitled since I was not the one who broke the contract. Hopefully Chad will read this since he laughed when I told him that they might lose a couple of sales after I write a review and post it on social media.

No comments:

Post a Comment